Monday, April 6, 2009

REJOICE!

John 12: 9-19

They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, "Hosanna!" "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” "Blessed is the King of Israel!" - John 12:13 (NIV)

Growing up I was always excited about Palm Sunday. We would go to the early mass so that we could get our palms. Everyone waved their palms, sang hymns, prayed and had a good time. We would take our palms home and shape them into crosses. We had a reminder of what Christ did for us. I often wondered what Jesus thought or felt as he rode that young colt and the people laid down palm branches as he entered the city. To hear them yell “Hosanna!” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Blessed is the King of Israel.”

Palm Sunday was a day to rejoice. We should allow Christ into our lives. Wave your palms and rejoice in the Lord. Shout Hosanna and bless the name of the Lord. Christ is real and he is waiting to enter into our hearts now and forever. To God be the glory!

Prayer: “I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.” (Psalm 9:1-2 KJV)

Thought for the Day
“God is good!”

Beverly Douglas
Antioch, TN

No comments:

Post a Comment